Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Shrimp Won Ton Soup

I'll begin by saying this is waaaay better than any won ton soup I've ever had at a restaurant. The most difficult part of the whole procedure, also the most fun, was the making of the won tons.

I chopped up about a 1/2 pound of small shrimp, mixed it together with garlic and white pepper and started stuffing the won tons. At that point the phone rang so I decided to wash dishes while chatting. While washing my chopping knife I managed to slice my finger. Rather than get mad I remember saying, "Well, I guess I know my new knives are sharp."

After some quick triage it was back work. As you can see from the photo, it came out looking pro. I added in some slivered green onions, bamboo sprouts, spinach and a lot of flavor. One serving was definitely enough to satisfy.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! So when are we having a Tai night at the Townsends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want me to make this for you guys? Once September is over and our collective schedules are more mellow, we'll have you over.

    ReplyDelete