Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pork with Coriander Leaves and Chilli



Time to cook dinner and looking over what rested in the fridge, I decided to make a shrimp recipe but with the pork I had defrosted. I'm stoked on this recipe. Anthony Bourdain has many things to say about food, most of which I agree with him on. His love for pork and for meats cooked on a stick transcend to my own and with that said, I loved this dish before I even began preparing it.

Check out those beauties just waiting to be broiled. The marinade is simple to make.

In a flat and shallow bowl combine the following:
  • 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
  • 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (next time I'll use 1/2 tsp)
  • 2 tsp lime juice
  • 2 tsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp light soy
  • 2 tsp oyster sauce
  • 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
Cut up the pork into skewer sized bit, soak in the marinade for about 5 minutes and then jam it on the stick. I put about 4 or 5 pieces on each skewer.

Preheat your grill or broiler (I used broiler) and cook, turning about halfway through. At these small sizes it only took about 12 minutes for the pork to cook thoroughly.

As these were cooking I made one of my favorite and fast stir fry recipes, Stir-Fried Broccoli with Oyster Sauce, the recipe for which is quite simple:
  • Blanch about 12oz of broccoli for 2 to 3 mins
  • Drain thoroughly
  • Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a wok and fry 2 cloves of minced garlic until light brown.
  • Toss in the broccoli and
  • 1 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp lite soy
  • Stir fry for about 2 mins over high heat.
Dinner is done. The whole process took about 20 mins.


2 comments:

  1. Is "jam it on the stick" the technical description for that recipe step?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hereby claim "jam it on the stick" as an official step in the Marc Townsend book of cookery. What a great title for a cookbook.

    ReplyDelete