Sunday, September 26, 2010

Red Curry with Pork


Made this before and you can find the recipe under my August 2010 post Kaeng Muu Phrik Thai Orn. I still haven't gotten my hands on any green peppercorns but that doesn't stop me from charging ahead. I decided not to substitute any amount of whole black peppercorns this time.

Remember me commenting before that I like to put some TV on while I cook? This time it was the first two episodes of The Apprentice rather than a Bourdain. I'm also a slave to The Apprentice as it not only entertains me but gives me great ideas for planning lessons at school. So with The Apprentice playing, a Fat Tire in my glass and my apron on, I hit the kitchen.

One thing I changed this time was the type of eggplant. My local guy didn't have any Thai eggplant (much to my dismay) so I used regular purple eggplant cut into cubes. I wasn't sure how it would taste so I also tossed in about 1/4 cup of chopped green onions. The onions were a great addition.

The photo leaves something to be desired as the plastic container doesn't make you ooh and aww but suffice to say, it was very tasty. I'm looking forward to a few days of this being my lunch.

One other thing I'm proud of is the fact that I cooked this dish AND the Black Bean and Tomato Soup simultaneously... both to perfection. My skills are improving.

2 comments:

  1. Marc I am very impressed, it looks delish, I wouldn't eat it the Pork but the rest looks yummy. You should send this To Grandma Hendrey, if you explain to Granddad how to see you blog, In know Grandma would love to see your what you are doing. Remember your Great Granddad was a Master Chef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom. It most certainly is "delish". I forgot about your dislike of pork. That's one more thing you and Holly apparently have in common. Chicken or beef could quite easily be substituted. I actually picked up lamb in the store and then put it back. Next time the lamb wins.

    ReplyDelete