Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pad Thai with Chicken and Red Bell Pepper

Pad Thai with Chicken and Red Bell Pepper

Those of you close to me know that I've never minded cooking but it wasn't until Holly came home from Thailand that my cooking bug took over. She'd been in an environment where almost every food she ate was new to her and when she came home her desire to try new foods, any kind, was peaked. I have taken advantage of this reality without reservation. Of everything I make around here, stir-fry is probably the most common thing and the easiest.

It's Tuesday and I'm not really into making anything complicated, so out comes the wok and in goes the tasty. Speaking of the wok, check out that beautifully seasoned one down below.

The format of this one looks odd because I copied my own recipe from another site I use.

Ingredients:

4 4oz Chicken Tenderloins, cubed
3 small shallots, sliced
.25 cup raw scallions cut into 1" strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp chicken broth or water
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 large red bell pepper, sliced
1 tsp palm sugar (or regular sugar)
200g Rice Noodles
2 tbsp chopped coriander (cilantro)
2 tbsp crushed peanuts

Cooking Instructions:

Heat oil in wok on medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and stir for 30 seconds.

Add chicken and crushed red pepper. Stir until chicken is cooked about 4 minutes.

Add water/broth and red bell pepper slices. Cook for about 3 minutes. You want the bell pepper to be nice and hot but still crunchy.

Include the oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar. Immediately add the cooked rice noodles (I suggest boiling them for 2 mins prior to use) and stir vigorously. 2 mins.

Add scallions and stir for 30 seconds more.

Serve. Once plated top with coriander and crushed peanuts.

Serving Size: Makes 3 servings (the way I eat)

Nutritional Info
Fat: 18.4g
Carbohydrates: 58.9g
Calories:538.1
Protein: 39.2g




No comments:

Post a Comment